Wednesday, March 1, 2017

SPACE Cadet 3/1/17

We're off to NYC tomorrow to get a second opinion at Memorial Sloan Kettering... I might as well be travelling to Mars. My mind feels like it's a million miles away from my body.
Whirlwind is an understatement, yet it feels like the things that ought to have happened two weeks ago can't come soon enough. Ben, maybe more so than I, is counting down the days to chemo, ready to let the drugs do their work.
I have relished these couple of weeks to check a million things off the to-do list that have been weighing on my mind, plus fit in the various doctors appointments and multiple daily phone calls with 4 hospitals and multiple providers at those institutions. And we picked up my new to me car tonight. I've actually been pretty manic and that's a little scary because I am waiting for the manic to come to a crashing halt.

The port issues were a pain in the butt and Ben wishes I had gotten more angry and heated concerning this, but it's not delaying treatment, and human error is human error and as much as I am frustrated, the real anger is from the entire situation, not so much the smaller hiccups.
So Friday will  be a CT scan, Bone scan and Echo cardiogram at Lourdes. Monday will still be my first chemo treatment in Syracuse, unless something drastic happens tomorrow in NYC. The port is rescheduled for Wednesday at Wilson Hospital.

Will turned 8 last Sunday, Ben turns (drum roll)...35 this Sunday and Colton turns 5 Wednesday. I'm mad that I'm a little distracted. A LOT distracted!
Still feeling overwhelmed by the love and support that has been flowing in, cards, packages, food, well-wishes, inspiring blog articles and even some wigs ;)
 I'm wearing one of two pairs of socks I got in the mail, they have cute yellow flowers and say "Kick this day in its sunshiny ass".

My goal is to cut out sugar, it feeds cancer, or at least that's what I hear/read/watch. I love a good green smoothie, but cutting out sugar and simple starches is hard and sticking to that when we are eating out more than we ever have before makes it nearly impossible, but I'M TRYING! No I'm not beating myself up about it, but it feels good to try to fight back in my own way.
I've read some of Jennifer Griffin's story about her battle with Breast Cancer and it's very inspiring and fits into some of my pre-existing nutritional knowledge about eliminating the foods that cause inflammation. So kale soup here I come!! If you've got any recipes send them my way, please!

Good news: BRCA genetic testing came back negative, so this means I am not carrying the genetic marker that predisposes myself or my offspring to a significantly increased chance of having breast, ovarian or several other types of cancer. YAY!!

5 comments:

  1. Kate, my thoughts and positive vibes travel with you daily. You've got this. One step and hiccup at a time. Positive energy is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.amazon.com/Cancer-Nutrition-Healing-Jerry-Brunetti/dp/B000E42SMA

    It's a dvd by Jerry Brunetti that I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of Jerry Brunetti's DVD. I can give to you if interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS Am paul,i once suffered from the problem of weak erection and death sperm count,which my family doctor could not cured,and it was affecting my home,i had to search the net for a solution,then i came across the contact of a DOC,Dr williams who help in the cure of weak erection and premature ejaculation,i got his contact,i never believe he could help me,but now am completely free from the problem,i gave him all the details he need to know about me,and i got the medication,which i took for some days,now am completely free from it,if you have such problem on it or impotency,you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituahebalcenter.com. Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete